Atlantis, ein Phänomen an dem sich Philosophen, Freidenker und Wissenschaftler die Zähne ausgebissen haben um die Existenz zu beweisen oder zu widerlegen. So weit das Mythentor. (more…)
Magick is only a focusing of the energy. A follower of the ways of Magick uses spells, rituals and ceremonies for one thing only : To harness the energy and power of the Mind, to act as a mental “magnifying glass” (more…)
To me, vulnerability is the willingness to be open to All That is in full and total trust. The willingness to be open to All That Is in full and total trust is what you are talking about when you say surrendering. It is actually taking control.
It is not giving up control; it is taking control. That is true surrender. The idea simply becomes effortless, and that is why many of you think you are actually giving up control, because to you, the only reason you feel you’re in control is when you are expending effort.
Therefore, when you open up in complete vulnerability — and understand that if you are opening up to All That Is, then you are connecting to All That Is, to Infinite Creation — by opening up to all of it, you are connecting into it.
And if you are connecting into the Infinite Creation, then you are connecting to infinite strength, infinite power, eternal power. And if you are willing to trust it in a positive way, you will then flow that infinite power through you every time you are willing to open up all the way.
That is vulnerability, that is power, that is self-empowerment. That is surrender, and that is control. It is all boiled down to the one word – trust. Trust.
The mechanism of trust, which is the absolute knowingness that you exist for a reason. And therefore, with that perspective and that attitude, you recognize that you deserve to exist in the manner you have determined you would prefer to exist. For no other reason other than because you say so.
Die arbeitende Bevölkerung soll jetzt die Suppe auslöffeln, welche durch kollektive Ängste total versalzen – ungenießbar – geworden ist. Tatsächlich gibt es aber diese Krise nur, weil sehr viele Menschen “Angst vor dem Abstieg” (more…)
Only recently I learnt about the Bright Philosophy. The definition of a Bright is “a person whose worldview is naturalistic–free of supernatural and mystical elements. A Bright’s ethics and actions are based on a naturalistic worldview” and “naturalistic” means “conceiving of reality as natural (not supernatural)”. The brights.net has a whole set of FAQ about Brights and who is a Bright or how to become a Bright, etc. Another aspect of the philosophy is
Enbrightenment! This rhetorical expression hearkens to a once promising time on earth when it looked as if science and reason would offer a key to the future. During the period many call the Age of Enlightenment, it was possible to envision a world wherein humankind itself might acquire understanding of nature, gain insight into humanity, make meaning of life, and work for a better and brighter future for all.
To embrighten is to be free from ignorance, prejudice and superstition.
I like the word creation “embrightenment”. I suppose it does mean something similar as enlightenment which means also being free from ignorance, judgement and superstition. It means to lighten up, raising vibrations and by this understanding and seeing clearly.
Concerning superstition… I am not sure what Brights think. I consider most of the certitude of modern man as superstitions, i.e. the primacy of matter over mind. I did not quite find out what a “naturalistic worldview” really means or what is the role of emotions… Are they mainly intellectual or do they consider a more holistic approach to life. And I agree to their understanding of mysticism. There is nothing “mystic” however there is a lack of awareness. And I would agree that churches are unnecessary.
To me it seems that the Bright Philosophy is a kind of Humanism offering an umbrella organisation for atheists, agnostics, naturalists and rationalists. It is therefore possible to describe oneself as an atheist and also say that one is a Bright, meaning that one is part of the larger Brights movement. I think however that being “naturalistic” or “rational” is not enough. An individual needs all its abilities to understand, abilities like intuition, emotion, imagination or inspiration. And – most of all love which I define as knowledge and appreciation.
Yes – All We Need Is Love
Introducing Follies of the Wise
Fundamentalisten sind Anhänger eines Glaubens, einer Religion oder irgendeines …ismus, die bereit sind, ihre Annahmen mit Gewalt zu verteidigen. Sie tolerieren keine anderen Glaubenssätze.
Der kolumbianische Schriftsteller Nicolás Gómez Dávila (1913-1994) lebte die meiste Zeit seines Lebens in Kolumbien, ohne sich doch dort wirklich heimisch zu fühlen. Don Nicolás arbeitete in seiner Bibliothek (more…)
A Gallup poll a while back reported 2 out of 3 Americans suffer from low self-esteem and, presumably, a lack of self-love and for Europe it is probably the same. Low self-esteem is maybe the greatest “disease” in the Western world.
Chief Joseph gives a list of practical suggestions you can use to achieve greater self-love.
1. Eliminate all self-criticism and self-judgement. All of it! You deserve better than that.
2. Eliminate all thoughts that scare you. Remember, you are totally safe and secure in this present moment. And this present moment is all you have. Fear is based on what might happen in the future. So focus fully right here, right now, in the present moment. You are safe here. There is nothing to fear.
3. Be patient with yourself. You don’t have to become perfect, however you or your society define that. You are perfect just as you are.
4. Take good care of yourself — physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. You already know how to do this. So just do it.
5. Use what we call “the mirror technique” every day. First thing every morning simply look into your bedroom or bathroom mirror. Look deeply into your own eyes. Then say to yourself (and mean it!) “(Your name), I love you!” Say it 10 or 12 times. It takes only a few seconds, but you will reap rewards beyond your wildest dreams. Then you will fall head-over-heels in love with yourself.
6. Know you are a powerful, sovereign being. You need nothing, no one outside yourself. You are God.
7. Your most important relationship, bar none, is that relationship between you and your higher self. That relationship will ensure all your other relationships are healthy and whole.
8. Then you won’t expect another person to “complete” you or make you happy. Talk about an impossible dream! No one can complete you because you are already whole and complete. No one can make you happy because happiness is always an “inside job.”
You will see all this clearly when you master the art of self-love.
More about self-esteem here and here
You are sitting in the garden, the traffic is passing by and there are many noises and many sounds. You just close your eyes and try to find the subtlest sound there is around you. (more…)