Many manufacturers of personal care and household items still test their products on animals, despite the growing number of alternative methods for evaluating product safety. The Vegetarian Site has a list which contains all such companies known and their associated brand names.… Read the rest
- 2023: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2022: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2021: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2020: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2013: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2012: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2011: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2010: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2009: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
The Jante Law (Danish and Norwegian: Janteloven; Swedish: Jantelagen; Finnish: Janten laki) is the Nordic version of the tall poppy syndrome.It was named and described by the Norwegian/Danish author Aksel Sandemose in his novel A Fugitive Crosses his Tracks.
There are ten different rules in the law, but they are all variations on a single theme and are usually referred to as a homogeneous unit:
Don’t think you’re anyone special or that you’re better than us.… Read the rest
A Russian named Igor Charkovsky has been involved in underwater birthing for a long time. He has probably assisted with at least 20,000 underwater births. His daughter, one of the first to be born underwater, was in her twenties, I think, when the following incident took place.… Read the rest
This is from an older session of 1997 but of course it is timeless. Bashar speaks about the location as a projection and as un important part of what oneself deems to be. Location is within, as he says. This explains why some locations make happy and some locations make one feel uncomfortable.… Read the rest
So where is the attention placed in the human being?
It is not a fixed point. You can say attention is the surface or the edge of awareness. Wherever we are made aware, the attention gets diverted to that point. If you can find some analogy, all the files of iron have got a power to be attracted towards the magnet.… Read the rest
Die Wahl der Glaubenssätze oder Überzeugungen ist nicht leicht, weil das, was man bisher gelernt oder erfahren hat, dem eigentlich Gewünschten widerspricht. Man hält es einfach nicht für möglich, dass das Manifestieren so mühelos geschehen könnte, so …magisch.
Kann es sein, dass es wirklich 99% Inspiration und 1 % Transpiration ist?… Read the rest
Some interesting aphorism by Sri Aurobindo and each definition he gives is poetic and wise. Something to think about…
1. There are two allied powers in man; knowledge and wisdom. Knowledge is so much of the truth seen in a distorted medium as the mind arrives at by groping, wisdom what the eye of divine vision sees in the spirit.… Read the rest