Seth, channelled by Jane Roberts, declares that there are several major root assumptions and many minor ones. Below are listed some of the major ones and each of them is a whole science to be explored.
- One: Energy and action are basically the same, although neither must necessarily apply to physical motion.
- Two: All objects have their origin basically in mental action. Mental action is directed psychic energy.
- Three: Permanence is not a matter of time. Existence has value in terms of intensities.
- Objects – this is four – are blocks of energy perceived in a highly specialized manner.
- Five: Stability in time-sequence is not a prerequisite requirement for an object, except as a root assumption within the physical universe.
- Six: Space as a barrier does not exist.
- Seven: The spacious present is here more available to the perceptions.
- Eight: The only barriers within inner reality are mental barriers, or psychic barriers.
Your experience in the world of physical matter flows outward from the center of your inner psyche Then only you perceive this experience. Exterior events, circumstances and conditions are meant as a kind of living feedback. Altering the state of the psyche automatically alters the physical circumstances. You change even the most permanent-seeming conditions of your life constantly through the varying attitudes you have toward them. There is nothing in your exterior experience that did not originate with you. It is vital that you realize you are working with beliefs in your mind – and the real work is done there in the mind – and not look for immediate physical results. Seth