In his newsletter John Cali speaks with “Spirit” which he used to call Chief Joseph, about peace and that it is an inner state ob being, or as Buddha says “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”
“Spirit” gives a list of what to do and of what to not do to reach for inner peace.
First we’ll tell you what it is not:
- Constantly wanting to be perfect, when your soul know you are perfect right where you stand.
- Never saying “No” to anyone.
- Allowing yourself to be manipulated into doing what you do not want to do.
- Making your peace and happiness contingent on the choices of others.
- Feeling guilty about the past.
- Worrying about the future.
- Caring what others think of you.
- Always putting yourself last.
Now here are some ways we promise will get you started on the road to inner peace:
- Follow your heart.
- Always put your own inner guidance above the opinions of others.
- Trust your feelings, your intuition, your inner guidance.
- Be fully in the present moment. It’s all you have anyway.
- Take time to nurture yourself every day — meditate, make love, walk, run, get out into nature…
You get the idea. It is simply to do what feels good for you and to you. You are your first responsibility. When you accept that you will find real peace in the only place it can live – within yourself.